Monday 21st August 2023
Your Cannondale bike is an extension of yourself, effortlessly gliding over terrain as you revel in the joys of cycling. But as any cyclist knows, this harmonious relationship between rider and bike requires a little TLC. Understanding the importance of bike maintenance is the key to unlocking peak performance and longevity for your trusty steed.
- Use only a mild soap solution diluted in water. Clean water with a little dishwashing liquid added is recommended.
- Protect sensitive areas by covering them with a plastic bag. Temporarily seal with masking tape. The bag prevents water from damaging certain sensitive bike components (bearings, electrical controls, connections, sensors, seals, fork and shock adjustment elements).
- Spray with water before wiping. To preserve the paint, finishes, and decals, use a low-pressure water spray.
- Do not use high-pressure water for cleaning. High-pressure washing can force contaminants into parts of the bike, promoting corrosion and causing damage and/or accelerated wear.
- Do not use compressed air for drying.
- Do not use abrasives, solvents, or aggressive chemical cleaners that could damage the finish or attack and/or harm the exterior and/or interior parts of the bike.
- When rinsing, avoid directing the water jet directly towards the bearings and fork and shock adjustment elements.